POSITION: Camp Coordinator
TERM: Full time, until 31st August 2018, Renewable
REPORTS TO: Business Development Manager
Inkomoko Entrepreneur Development is a full-service business development firm focused on growing small to medium enterprises. Our services help our clients develop and improve their capacity. Founded in 2012, Inkomoko identifies Rwandan entrepreneurs and provides them with business education, mentorship, and strategy consulting, so that they can grow their businesses and create jobs for others.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
Inkomoko seeks experienced and talented Camp Coordinator for the Refugees’ Camp in Kiziba, to work directly with our growing start-up team with core responsibilities as follows:
Camp coordination and administration (60% time)
- Conduct outreach to training participants
- Work closely with the Training Support Associate and other Inkomoko staff to organize Camp activities such as visits, trainings, etc.
- Assist in logistics such as securing the venue, securing Chairs, printing, etc.
- Assist Inkomoko staff with all in-camp communications
- Help organize participants before and during program activities
- Make sure activities at the Camp are done in a timely manner
- Assist with surveys and data collection at the camp
Provide administrative support as needed Communication (40%)
- Call program participants to attend all trainings, consulting sessions and other activities organized by Inkomoko
- Follow up on all messages sent to Camp refugees, and confirm messages have been received
- Communicate program details to refugee participants, as requested by Inkomoko.
- Provide weekly progress report on participant’s program activities
- Communicate about any challenge faced by participants during program implementation
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We are seeking individuals who can bring lasting impact to our work. We are looking for a candidate who will navigate fast-paced and resource-constrained environments with enthusiasm, patience, a sense of humor, and imagination.
The ideal candidate will fulfill the following requirements:
- Be able to work under pressure
- Outgoing and Social
- Honest and professional
- University education
- Be between ages 25-35 years
- Excellent communicator to audiences in Swahili, French, and Kinyarwanda as a plus
- High personal integrity
- Must be based at the near the camp full time (i.e Kiziba)
- Access to a smart phone 24/7
Candidate should not be employed by UNHCR, MIDIMAR or MasterCard or any other organization with Camp activities currently.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- Colleagues who are passionate that entrepreneurs will transform the continent
- Flexible, collaborative work environment
- Opportunity to work with a talented and committed team of professionals
- Challenging work, and the opportunity to grow and develop your skills
- Ability to make an impact and contribute to economic growth in Rwanda
In your cover letter please include the following:
- Describe any experience you have working with other organizations as a Camp Coordinator and why you are passionate about the opportunity to support entrepreneurs in Rwanda.
- Your net salary expectations for this position
Include your name and “Camp Coordinator” and the location of your interest i.e. Kiziba in the email subject line.
Deadline of application: Position open until filled. First resume review on 24th January, 2018.