TERMS OF REFERENCE: TRAINING FACILITATOR - LIVELIHOOD PROGRAM FOR URBAN AND CAMP-BASED REFUGEES IN RWANDA
POSITION: Training Facilitator
LOCATION: BHC Building, KG Ave 7, Kacyiru, Kigali
REPORTS TO: Director of Special Projects
ABOUT INKOMOKO Inkomoko Entrepreneur Development is a full-service business development firm focused on growing small to medium enterprises. Our services help our clients develop and improve their capacity. Founded in 2012, Inkomoko identifies Rwandan and refugee entrepreneurs and provides them with business education, mentorship, and strategy consulting, so that they can grow their businesses and create jobs for others.
In partnership with MIDIMAR and UNHCR, Inkomoko seeks to improve refugee livelihoods in Rwanda through the development of entrepreneurship and business skills and access to direct finance. Since 2016, Inkomoko has provided one year-long program to more than 1200 refugee entrepreneurs in Rwanda. In 2018, Inkomoko will be working with 1,600 refugee entrepreneurs in urban areas (Kigali, Nyamata and Huye) and in 6 camps (Kigeme, Nyabiheke, Mahama, Mugombwa, Kiziba, and Gihembe).
Objective of the Livelihood Program:
- To provide relevant business development support services to refugee entrepreneurs and potential entrepreneurs
- To support refugee entrepreneurs to create jobs
- To increase the number of businesses formally registered
- To increase refugees’ access to external financing To increase integration with refugees and their host communities
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Reporting to the Director of Special Projects, the Training Facilitator will: review a package of training materials inclusive of guidelines for practical exercises/handouts and produce standard power point presentation, inclusive of notes for each slide.
- Develop effective training materials/tools for refugee entrepreneurs in three languages (English, French and Kinyarwanda)
- Facilitate trainings with minimal external support using simulating relevant and realistic challenges for practicing and applying the material in French and Kinyarwanda
- Train refugee entrepreneurs in French and/or Kinyarwanda
- To provide a training report in English.
The training materials will be covering the following topics: Finance, Taxation, and general Business Management
Any concepts, guidelines or other material developed during the contract will be considered as property of Inkomoko.
- A minimum of a postgraduate degree in a related area in business administration, economics, finance or related field
- At least 5 years of experience in developing and facilitating trainings in the areas of Finance, Taxation, and general Business Management acumen in the Rwandan context
- To be able to make brief presentations with live demonstrations, Innovative, interactive practical exercises with feedback.
- To have skills in transferring techniques in best practice for the training of Entrepreneurs
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong emotional intelligence & ability to communicate effectively
- Very organized & detailed oriented - Extremely positive attitude & friendly disposition to work with refugees
- Ability to thrive in the midst of ambiguity & challenging situations such as traveling away to long distances and spending days outside of Kigali
- Fluent in written and spoken French, Kinyarwanda and English (Kirundi is a plus)
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- Colleagues who are passionate that entrepreneurs will transform the continent
- Flexible, collaborative work environment
- Opportunity to work with a talented and committed team of professionals
- Challenging work, and the opportunity to grow and develop your skills
- Ability to make an impact and contribute to economic growth in Rwanda
In your cover letter please include the following:
- You are requested to submit your Resume and a Cover Letter including a daily/monthly rate (tax inclusive)
- Describe any experience you have working with entrepreneurs or SMEs and why you are passionate about the opportunity to support entrepreneurs in Rwanda
- Task: a technical proposal and 3 references of relevant trainings they have facilitated
- Include your name and “Training Consultant” in the email subject line and indicate your availability, to undertake the terms of reference above
- Applications submitted without a daily rate will not be considered
Deadline of application: Position open until filled. First resume review on 21 December.